1. مهمان گرامی، جهت ارسال پست، دانلود و سایر امکانات ویژه کاربران عضو، ثبت نام کنید.
    بستن اطلاعیه

مترادف ها (Synonyms ) در زبان انگليسي (‌اسم ، صفت ،‌قيد )

شروع موضوع توسط MiTra ‏5/1/11 در انجمن زبان خارجی

1. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    سلام
    مشکل عمده بسیاری از ما هنگام صحبت کردن به زبان انگليسي انتخاب واژگان مناسب از میان کلماتی است که هم معنی هستند ولی جایگاه استفاده از آنها متفاوت است یا هم معنی به نظر می رسند و در حقیقت از نظر موضوعی به هم مرتبط هستند اما با معنای متفاوت به کار می روند
    برای مثال دو لغت talkative , chatty از نظر معنا تقریبا مشابهند ولی مورد بکار رفتن آنها می توانند متفاوت باشد و به عنوان مثال برای لغاتی که از نظر موضوعی مرتبط هستند اما معنای کاملا متفاوت دارند می توان به walk , tiptoe , crawl
    اشاره کرد که هر سه مربوط به راه رفتن هستن اما در حقیقت هر کدام نوع خاصی از حرکت را بیان می کنند . در اینجا walk به معناهای راه رفتن ، tiptoe به معنای راه رفتن روی نوک پنجه ( آهسته و بی سر و صدا راه رفتن ) است . پس هر دو بر راه رفتن دلالت دارند ولی هر کدام نوع خاصی از راه رفتن را بیان می کنند . در این پست به واژگانی با این ماهیت ( اسم ، صفت ،‌قيد )که به آنها نیاز دارید می پردازیم . اگر کلمه خاصی مد نظر شماست که هم معناهای آن را نمی دانید بفرمایید تا حتما قرار داده شود .
    امیدوارم مفید واقع شود

2. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    friendly behaving towards someone in a way that shows you like them and are ready to talk to them or help them : a friendly smile | The local people are very friendly.
    warm [ usually before noun ] friendly and caring about other people, in a way that makes people like you and feel comfortable : He was such a warm caring person and everyone loved him. | We received a very warm welcome .
    nice especially spoken friendly and kind : Chris is a nice guy. I’m sure you’ll get on with him. | He wasn’t very nice to the other children.
    amiable / ˈeɪmiəb ə l / formal friendly and easy to like : Tom was an amiable young man.
    welcoming friendly to someone who has just arrived somewhere : a welcoming smile | The group are very welcoming to new members.
    hospitable friendly and eager to make visitors comfortable : I found Japanese people to be very hospitable.
    genial formal behaving in a cheerful and friendly way : a genial host | She was in a genial mood.
    cordial formal friendly and polite but formal : The two nations have always maintained cordial relations.
    approachable friendly and easy to talk to – used especially about people in important positions : The head teacher is very approachable

3. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    person

hot used especially when you feel uncomfortable : I feel really hot. | The travellers were hot, tired, and thirsty.
    warm a little hot, especially in a way that feels comfortable : Are you warm enough? | We had to keep moving in order to keep warm.
    boiling (hot) spoken very hot : You must be boiling in that sweater! | ‘I’m going for a swim,' said Gary. ’I’m boiling.' | I felt boiling hot and tried to open one of the windows.
    feverish feeling very hot because you are ill : His head ached and he felt feverish. | Hannah was slightly feverish, so we decided to call the doctor.
    weather
    hot used especially when you feel uncomfortable : a hot day | It’s too hot to do any work.
    warm a little hot, especially in a way that seems pleasant : a warm summer’s evening | It’s supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow.
    boiling (hot) spoken very hot : The weather was boiling hot. | a boiling hot day | It was absolutely boiling this lunchtime.
    baking (hot) British English very hot and dry : a baking hot afternoon | The weather was baking hot and conditions at the camp became unbearable. | It’s baking out there in the garden – I need a drink.
    scorching (hot) very hot : It was another scorching hot July day. | When we got there, the weather was scorching. | Arizona is scorching hot every day.
    humid/muggy hot and damp : This week sees a return to more humid conditions. | Hong Kong gets very humid at this time of year. | In June the weather was often muggy in the evenings. | It was a warm muggy afternoon, and it looked like it would rain.
    room
    hot used especially when you feel uncomfortable : The office was uncomfortably hot. | The meeting was in a tiny hot room with no air conditioning.
    warm a little hot, especially in a way that seems pleasant : It’s nice and warm by the fire. | They were all sitting in the warm kitchen, sipping mugs of cocoa.
    boiling (hot) spoken very hot : It’s boiling in here. Can I open the window? | a boiling hot New York recording studio
    like an oven much too hot in a way that is uncomfortable – used about rooms and buildings : The inside of the shed was like an oven.
    food/liquid/something you touch
    hot : a hot drink | hot meals | Eat your food while it’s hot.
    warm a little hot, especially in a way that seems pleasant : The bread was still warm from the oven. | the warm waters of the Caribbean
    boiling (hot) spoken very hot : The water’s boiling hot. | Boiling-hot steam shoots out from underground. | The mud in the pools is boiling.
    lukewarm / ˌluːkˈːm◂ $ -ˈːrm◂ / slightly warm, but not hot enough – used about liquids : a cup of lukewarm coffee | The bath water was lukewarm

4. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    the feeling of being worried

worry the feeling of not being happy or relaxed and thinking a lot about a problem or something that is wrong : She was sick with worry over her daughter. | the look of worry on his face
    anxiety the feeling of being worried because you think that something bad has happened or will happen, and you feel that you have no control over the situation : The thought of having to give a speech filled me with anxiety. | The increase in heating costs is causing a lot of anxiety among elderly people.
    concern a worried feeling – use this especially when many people are worried about a problem that affects everyone : The shortage of water is beginning to cause widespread concern.
    stress the feeling of being worried all the time, for example about work or personal problems, which can make you ill or very tired : Her financial problems were causing her a lot of stress.
    anguish a feeling of extreme mental suffering caused by worry : How could her parents survive the anguish of not knowing what had happened to her? | When she spoke, her voice was full of anguish.
    angst a strong feeling of worry and anxiety because you are worried about your life, your future, or what you should do in a particular situation : The letter was full of teenage angst - would she ever be able to find another boyfriend? | There was much angst about the decision THESAURUS
    the feeling of being worried

worry the feeling of not being happy or relaxed and thinking a lot about a problem or something that is wrong : She was sick with worry over her daughter. | the look of worry on his face
    anxiety the feeling of being worried because you think that something bad has happened or will happen, and you feel that you have no control over the situation : The thought of having to give a speech filled me with anxiety. | The increase in heating costs is causing a lot of anxiety among elderly people.
    concern a worried feeling – use this especially when many people are worried about a problem that affects everyone : The shortage of water is beginning to cause widespread concern.
    stress the feeling of being worried all the time, for example about work or personal problems, which can make you ill or very tired : Her financial problems were causing her a lot of stress.
    anguish a feeling of extreme mental suffering caused by worry : How could her parents survive the anguish of not knowing what had happened to her? | When she spoke, her voice was full of anguish.
    angst a strong feeling of worry and anxiety because you are worried about your life, your future, or what you should do in a particular situation : The letter was full of teenage angst - would she ever be able to find another boyfriend? | There was much angst about the decision

5. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    angry
    feeling strong emotions because you think someone has behaved badly, or because a situation seems bad or unfair : He gets really angry if people keep him waiting. | a crowd of angry protesters
    mad [ not before noun ] informal angry : Dad was mad at me for damaging the car.
    cross [ not before noun ] spoken rather angry – used when speaking to people you know well : She was cross with me for being late.
    annoyed [ not before noun ] a little angry : I was annoyed no one had told me the class was cancelled.
    irritated annoyed and impatient, especially by something that keeps happening or something someone keeps saying : I was irritated by their stupid questions. | an irritated voice
    bad-tempered becoming annoyed or angry easily : a bad-tempered old man | He’s always bad-tempered when he doesn’t get what he wants.
    in a bad/foul mood feeling a little angry for a period of time, often for no particular reason : I woke up in a bad mood. | She’s been in a foul mood all morning.
    in a huff / hʌf / in an angry mood for a short time, especially because someone has just said something to offend or annoy you : He walked off in a huff when they refused to let him join in their game.
    somebody has got up on the wrong side of the bed informal used when you think someone has been in an angry mood all day, for no particular reason – often used humorously : I don’t know what’s wrong – she must have got up on the wrong side of the bed today.
    extremely angry
    furious/livid extremely angry : She was furious when she found out he’d been lying to her. | He looked absolutely livid.
    outraged very angry and shocked by something you think is unfair or wrong : Most people were outraged by the 9/11 attacks. | complaints from outraged viewers
    incandescent with rage British English formal extremely angry – used mainly in writing, for example in newspaper reports : Gordon Brown was reported to be incandescent with rage over the article.
    lose your temper to suddenly become very angry and start shouting at someone : It was the first time I’d seen her lose her temper

6. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    happy
    : Are you happy in your new job? | The film has a happy ending. | a happy childhood
    cheerful looking happy : a cheerful face/expression | The room looked bright and cheerful (= it made you feel good ) . | He seems a lot more cheerful today.
    be in a good mood to feel happy and relaxed : It was the day before the vacation and everyone was in a good mood.
    contented written feeling happy with your life, job, situation etc : He was contented with his job as a cycle mechanic. | She sat down with a contented expression on her face.
    pleased/glad [ not before noun ] happy because something good has happened : I’m pleased I passed my exam. | He was glad to see someone that he knew.
    very happy
    delighted [ not before noun ] very happy because something good has happened : The doctors say they are delighted with her progress.
    thrilled [ not before noun ] very happy and excited about something : He’s thrilled at the idea of going to Disneyworld.
    overjoyed [ not before noun ] very happy because you have heard some good news : She was overjoyed when she found out that her son was safe.
    be on top of the world ( also be over the moon British English ) [ not before noun ] informal to be very happy : I was over the moon when I won the championship.
    ecstatic extremely happy : The crowd were ecstatic, and cheered wildly. | ecstatic fans
    blissful a blissful time is one in which you feel extremely happy : We stayed on the islands for two blissful weeks. | It sounded blissful – sea, sun, and good food

7. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    person/voice/behaviour

unfriendly/not friendly behaving towards someone in a way that shows you are not interested in them or are not ready to talk to them or help them : The hotel staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. | an unfriendly tone of voice | They didn't seem very friendly to strangers. | She gave him an unfriendly glance.
    hostile very unfriendly, and ready to argue or fight : He was openly hostile towards me when I arrived. | A hostile crowd gathered oustide the US embassy.
    cold behaving towards other people as if you do not like them or care about them : He gave her a cold stare. | a cold voice
    frosty unfriendly, especially because you are angry with someone : When she spoke, her tone was frosty. | He got a frosty reception from his wife when he finally returned home (= she was not very friendly towards him ) .
    aloof [ not before noun ] not wanting to talk to other people or spend time with them, especially because you think you are better than them : Some politicians are criticized for being too aloof.
    antagonistic unfriendly and always trying to start arguments with someone : Why are Kate and John so antagonistic towards each other?
    antisocial not interested in meeting other people or forming friendly relationships with them : Sorry if I'm being antisocial, but I need to get my work done. | He was an antisocial loner with no friends.
    place/organization
    unfriendly making you feel as though you are not wanted : The report found that the Church can seem unfriendly to outsiders.
    unwelcoming unfriendly - used especially about the physical characteristics or appearance of something : The entrance to the factory is cold, bare, and unwelcoming. | The new fence is just one example of the city’s attempt to make public spaces unwelcoming to the homeless.
    impersonal lacking the normal friendly relations between people who work or do business together : I had no desire to work for a large impersonal organization. | They just handed over the keys and walked out – it was all so impersonal.
    forbidding unfriendly, uncomfortable, and a little frightening, so that you do not want to go there : The school was a rather forbidding building surrounded by a high steel fence

8. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    person
    beautiful a beautiful woman or child has perfect good looks : Grace Kelly was a very beautiful woman. | a beautiful baby
    good-looking a good-looking person looks nice. Good-looking is very common in spoken English : He’s a good-looking guy, but he’s a bit boring. | Do you think she’s good-looking?
    attractive an attractive person looks nice, especially in a way that makes you feel ***ually interested in them : She’s a very attractive woman. | A lot of women find him attractive.
    pretty a pretty girl or woman looks nice – used especially about a woman who has a nice face : You look pretty with your hair down. | She has a very pretty face.
    handsome a handsome man or boy looks nice – used especially about a man who has a nice face. Handsome is also sometimes used, especially in literature, to describe a woman who is good-looking and has a strong face : He was tall, dark, and handsome. | She was a big, handsome woman.
    gorgeous/stunning spoken extremely attractive. Gorgeous is used especially by women : She thinks Brad Pitt is gorgeous. | You look absolutely stunning in that dress!
    cute spoken nice to look at – used about animals, babies, children, and young adults : a cute little puppy | She thinks you’re cute!
    lovely especially British English spoken used when saying that someone looks very nice : You look lovely tonight.
    place/thing etc
    beautiful used to describe something that looks, feels, sounds etc so good that it gives you a lot of pleasure : a beautiful tropical beach | a beautiful song | The weather was beautiful.
    lovely especially British English spoken used when saying that something looks, feels, or sounds very nice : What a lovely day! | a lovely voice | a lovely perfume
    pretty pleasant to look at – often used about things that are not big or impressive : a pretty little pink dress | a pretty village
    attractive pleasant to look at. Attractive sounds more formal than pretty : an attractive white-painted cottage with green shutters | an attractive city
    magnificent very big, beautiful, and impressive – used about buildings, objects, and views : The Taj Mahal always looks magnificent. | a magnificent Persian carpet | There were magnificent views over the old city.
    picturesque written pleasant to look at – used in written descriptions of towns, buildings, and places : the picturesque harbour town of Castleton | Regensburg Cathedral occupies a picturesque position on the River Danube in Bavaria.
    stunning/breathtaking extremely beautiful and impressive – used especially about views : All around is a stunning view of Cape Town. | The landscape is breathtaking.
    exquisite / ɪkˈskwɪzət, ɪkˈskwɪzɪt, ˈekskwɪ- / used to describe things that have very beautiful small details, especially things that have been made with a lot of skill : an exquisite piece of jewellery | an exquisite flower | an exquisite picture of a bird of paradise
    elegant designed in a way that looks very attractive and has a lot of style : an elegant Neo-Classical building | a long and elegant staircase

9. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    calm
    not getting angry, nervous, or upset, even in a difficult situation : We’ll talk about this later when you’re feeling calmer. | Everyone praised Douglas for the calm way in which he handled the situation.
    relaxed not worried about anything, especially so that people feel comfortable : Looking relaxed and confident, the president answered questions from the press. | There was a relaxed atmosphere.
    chilled-out ( also chilled ) informal very relaxed and not worried – used especially by young people : I’m much more chilled-out about the whole thing this year.
    laid-back informal someone who is laid-back is always relaxed and never seems to get worried or annoyed about anything : I like his laid-back attitude to life. | My parents are pretty laid-back and don’t mind me staying out late.
    mellow informal relaxed, friendly, and happy, especially after drinking alcohol : After a few drinks, everyone was pretty mellow.
    cool informal staying calm and not showing your emotions, especially when other people are getting excited or angry : He is the kind of player who always manages to stay cool, even under pressure. | She was as cool as a cucumber (= very cool ) .
    keep your head to manage to stay calm and behave in a sensible way in a difficult or frightening situation : In this job you need to be good at keeping your head in a crisis

10. پیشکسوت انجمن کاربر ارزشمند❤

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏11/11/10
    ارسال ها:
    تشکر شده:
    امتیاز دستاورد:
    THESAURUS
    not cheating, stealing, lying etc
    honest always saying what is true, and not cheating, stealing etc : I liked them because they were good honest people. | You can trust Noah – he’s totally honest.
    reputable known to be honest and good in your business or work – used about people, companies, or organizations : It’s best to buy from a reputable company. | They were highly reputable sports physicians.
    above board [ not before noun ] honest and legal – used about the way something is done, organized etc : The deal was entirely above board. | Was the voting in the elections above board?
    upright written always behaving in an honest way : an upright citizen | George was an upright man from a military family.
    not hiding the truth or the facts
    honest saying what you really think and not hiding the truth or the facts : I’m going to ask you something, and I want you to be honest with me. | an honest answer | To be honest, I didn’t think his speech was very good.
    straight informal honest and saying what you really think : I can’t help you if you’re not straight with me. | I need a straight answer.
    open willing to talk about what you think, feel etc in an honest way, rather than trying to hide it : People have become more open about their feelings. | She’s very easy to talk to because she’s so open.
    frank speaking honestly and directly about something, especially something that people find difficult to discuss : In his book, he’s brutally frank about his experience with his illness. | a frank discussion about ***
    direct saying exactly what you think in an honest clear way, even when this might annoy or upset people : Not everyone liked his direct manner. | She can be very direct.
    blunt speaking in a completely honest way, even if it upsets people, when it would be better to be more careful or polite : Sorry if I was a bit blunt with you. | His hard tone and blunt words were hurtful. | She didn’t reply and I knew I had been too blunt.
    upfront [ not before noun ] informal talking and behaving in an honest way, even when it is difficult to do this, in a way that people respect : It’s best to be upfront about your financial problems. | You have to be upfront with kids.
    outspoken expressing your opinions publicly in a very direct way, which may offend or annoy some people : an outspoken critic of the government | He was known for his outspoken views on various controversies.
    forthright formal saying exactly what what you think, without being afraid of what other people will think : The opposition have not come up with a clear forthright statement of their policies. | At times, Helena was a little too forthright.
    candid formal honest about the facts, or about your opinions and feelings, even if other people disapprove of them : He’d always been completely candid about his past. | It was an unusually candid admission for a politician